I start my PhD in October 2019 at HM&Co lab at École des Ponts ParisTech entitled ‘Can we characterize the climate in an environment chamber?’ My research is supervised by Daniel Schertzer and Auguste Gires from HM&Co, and Yelva Roustan from CEREA; and is in collaboration with Sense City urban innovation lab, IFSTTAR under supervision of Anne Ruas. Before my PhD, I have been working as a researcher in Cloud Aerosol Interaction and Precipitation Enhancement Experiment – CAIPEEX where airborne aerosols were collected and analysed for studying their morphology, mixing state, and relation with cloud microphysics towards formation of Monsoon rainfall over Indian subcontinent.
My main research interest is in comparison and quantification of gap between real and simulated weather conditions for various geophysical fields using multifractal framework.
- 2017-2019: Junior Research Fellow in CAIPEEX at IIUCNN, Mahatma Gandhi University and Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology
- 2015-2017: Ad Hoc Faculty, National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- 2010-2013: Assistant Manager, Dana Holdings, Pune
- 2019-Present: PhD researcher at HM&CO, École des Ponts ParisTech, France
- 2011-2013: M.Tech. in Materials Science, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, India
- 2006-2010: B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, Mar Athanasius College of Engineering, India
Poster: Jerry Jose, Mercy Varghese, Nandakumar K, Sabu Thomas, Thara V Prabha; Elemental composition and internal mixing of airborne aerosols over Western Ghats , Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on Atmospheric Aerosols, Sao Paulo, Brazil 22 July – 2 August 2019
Oral: : Jerry Jose, Mercy Varghese, Nandakumar K, Sabu Thomas, Thara V Prabha; Variation of aerosol chemistry with strengthening of south west monsoon using individual particle analysis, EGU General Assembly, Vienna, Austria 7-12 April 2019
Oral: Jerry Jose, Mercy Varghese, P Murugavel, Sudarshan Bera, Sati Nair, Anu A S, Mahen Konwar, Resmi EA, Nandakumar K, Sabu Thomas, Thara V Prabha; Airborne aerosol particles over Western Ghats: TEM EDS analysis, 20th National Space Science Symposium, Pune, India 29-31 January 2019