Researcher (Ass. Pr.) in the Hydrology, Meteorology and Complexity (HM&Co) lab of the Ecole des Ponts ParisTech (ENPC), Ingénieur des Ponts, Eaux et Forêts.
- Contributing to the theoretical development of Universal Multifractals
- Responsible of the “exTreme and multi-scAle RAiNdrop parIS (TARANIS) platform” which aims at bringing microphysics for rainfall measurements through the interactions between an observatory, instrumental and methodological developments.
- Heterogeneity and complexity of rainfall and wind fields: measurements (disdrometers, radars, anemometers), modelling (space-time multifractals) and applications (ex: urban hydrology, wind energy)
- Dealing with anthropogenic and geophysics’ extreme variability to improve urban resilience
- Coordinator of the ANR JCJC RW-Turb (2019-2023) on the impact of precipitation on wind power production.
- Participation as scientist to the EU Life ARTISAN project (2020-2027).
- Participation as scientist to the chair « Hydrology for resilient cities » endowed by Véolia (2010-2020).
- French coordinator a Hubert Curien Partnership between HMCo-ENPC and Ecole Polytechnique Fédérerale de Lausanne (EPFL) (Switzerland) (2015-2016) on the multi-scale analysis of measured and modelled precipitation variability.
- EU Interreg IV RainGain project (2011-2015) that aimed at improving the prediction of pluvial floods in cities through the use of high resolution radars. Principal Investigator of ENPC contribution to WP2 (Fine scale rainfall data acquisition and prediction) and WP3 (Modelling and prediction of urban pluvial flooding).
- Contribution to the deliverables of the regional Ile-de-France RadX@IdF (2014-2018), the EU Climate KIC Blue Green Dream (2012-2015), and the FP7 SMARTesT (2010-2012) projects.
- Supervision of 1 PhD student at HM&Co : Angel Garcia-Gago (started 2020)
- Co-supervision of 3 PhD students at HM&Co: Abdellah Ichiba (defence in 04/2016) and Igor Paz (3nd year), Jerry Jose (started 2019)
- Supervision of 9 research internships
- Involvement in the supervision of two PhD students from EPFL (defence in 2016 and 2017)
Implication in the community:
- Associate Editor of Hydrological Science Journal, which is the official Journal of the IAHS
- Member of the precipitation and Climate working group of the European Geosciences Union.
- Sessions convening at European Geosciences Union General Assembly (Precipitation variability: from drop scale to lot scale) and EMS Annual Meeting & European Conference on Applications of Meteorology (OBS2 High-resolution precipitation monitoring for impact assessment and climate-related applications)
- Member of the organizing committee of EGU NP campfire on “Scaling and multifractals : from historical perspectives to recent developments” (Jan. 2022)
- Member of the scientific committee 10th and 11th International Workshop on Precipitation in Urban Areas: Rainfall in Urban and Natural Systems, Pontresina, Switzerland, (Dec 2015, Dec 2018). .
- Early Career Scientist Representative for the division “Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics”, European Geosciences Union (2014-2017)
- Reviewing in international peer review journals
- 2009 Outstanding Student Paper Award Winner for the Nonlinear Geophysics focus group of the American Geophysical Union
- 2012 Outstanding Student Poster Award of the Nonlinear Processes in Geosciences of European Geosciences Union